Larry Page and Sergey Brin - founders of the Internet search engine Google.com, have stated many times that their years as Montessori students were a major factor behind their success. They say that going to a Montessori school taught them to be self-directed self-starters that could think for themselves. They also state that a Montessori education gave them the freedom to pursue their own interests allowing them to "think outside the box".
“Montessori has helped me become the person that I am today,” says the Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry, the best 3-point shooter in a single season in American national basketball history.
Jeffrey P. Bezos - founder of Amazon.com Inc., the most dominant retailer on the Internet, attended a Montessori School. By his mother's account, the young Jeffrey got so engrossed in the details of activities at his Montessori school that teachers had to pick him up in his chair to move him to new tasks.
Famous People Educated at Montessori schools:
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin – founders of Google
- Jeff Bezos – founder of Amazon.com
- Stephen Curry– sports star
- Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis – former first lady (John F. Kennedy)
- Helen Keller - the first deaf-blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Julia Child – author, chef, TV cooking shows
- Elizabeth Berridge – actress
- Sean ‘P.Diddy’ Combs – singer
- Melissa and Sarah Gilbert – actors
- Anne Frank – author, diarist from World War II
- Prince William and Prince Harry
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez – Nobel Prize winner for Literature